How it works
Swoole is different from the traditional PHP model, it is running in CLI mode.
The differences between Swoole with PHP-FPM the traditional PHP model are:
- Swoole uses Non-blocking I/O mode with
- Swoole forks several worker processes based on CPU core number to utilise all CPU cores.
- Swoole supports Long-live connections for WebSocket server or TCP/UDP server.
- Swoole supports more server-side protocols: TCP/UDP/HTTP/HTTP2/WebSocket
- Swoole preload PHP files into memory.
- Swoole can manage and reuse the status in memory with Swoole Memory Management Modules.
- Coroutine based concurrency compare with waterfall in PHP-FPM.
Interested with Swoole? Get Started with Swoole now!